Monday, January 25, 2010

Way of life

Last night as I went to bed (late), I was thinking about how I feel that I don't do so well on the weekends. Maybe it's because I don't really put forth much of an effort towards my weightloss/being healthy goals. Maybe it's because I tend to stay up so late. I don't know. However, I realized that I don't mess up the weekends as far as eating goes. I was pretty excited about this thought, because I also realized that I don't think about what I'm eating so much either. That means it's becoming part of how I do things naturally - it's becoming normal for me to eat better, make better choices, avoid certain things, eat in moderation, etc. I don't have to think about it all the time. I don't even know if that makes sense. I actually feel like I'm rambling a bit.

I guess my point is, I wanted this to become a lifestyle change instead of a "diet" that will end as soon as I reach my goals. And judging from my weekends, I'm making progress in that area.

I was back on track again today. During nap time I watched a movie with one of the kids who doesn't take a nap and did my step aerobic stuff. I don't know exactly how long I did it, but it was for the entire movie and at least an hour. Wahoo!

Breakfast:
  • Egg
  • 1 slice of turkey bacon (I actually prefer it to regular)
  • Toast
  • Milk

Lunch:
  • Black beans
  • Brown rice
  • Orange

Dinner:

Snacks:
  • Mini Delights
  • Tootsie Roll jawbreakers
  • Pistachios

5 comments:

  1. We've been trying to eat dinner on smaller plates. Instead of pigging out at meals, I'm satisfied afterward. Simple, but duh. I've heard it takes 21 days to make a habit, you are making great habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. you can stalk me to at my family blog pardoforever.blogspot.com or my fun blog at camillescasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate turkey bacon for awhile then made the mistake of having the real stuff somewhere. Now I can't go back. I CRAVE PIG!! Shoot, I need to go chew on some rawhide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea, Camille. I'll have to incorporate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie, you crack me up! I really do prefer the turkey bacon. It kind of has a sweet taste to it, and isn't nearly as greasy. Yummy stuff.

    ReplyDelete