Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day of Rest

Bad memory, old habits and cookies do not a good combination make. My nephew is leaving on a mission on Wednesday. Today he spoke in church, so I went to St. Anthony to hear him. After church, there was a luncheon-type get-together at my brother's house. I walked into their house and was met by dozens of different kinds of cookies. Without thinking, I grabbed one and ate it (it was delicious). As soon as I finished, I realized what had happened. I ate a cookie! What the..? Sad that I didn't even realize what I was doing....well, at least I wasn't consciously aware of the fact that I didn't really WANT to do it. So, to combat it, I immediately went for a carrot stick. Surely it's like taking some medicine or something when you've discovered you're starting to get sick, right? They cancel each other out. The good will fight the bad. Yeah, sounds good to me!

And speaking of forgetting, I forgot to talk about lunch yesterday. The kids had their hearts set on eating at Arctic Circle for lunch and I promised them I would take them. This, of course, was after I signed up for the 12-week challenge. When we got the bread at Walmart, I also purchased a bunch of apples (to dehydrate) and some pistachios, so that was what I ate while at Arctic Circle. Okay, I admit it, I also ate one mini corndog. They just smelled so good! I'm weak, okay! *sigh*

On a good "forgetful" note, I also forgot to report my exercising yesterday. I worked out on the Wii Fit for a little over a half an hour. Part of the workout, however, was a free run for 10 minutes. According to the game, I ran just over a mile.  I wonder how accurate their calculations are...

Anyway, on to today's reporting. No exercising. I never did plan on exercising on Sundays. It's supposed to be a day of rest, right? So I took a nap instead. :)

Breakfast:
  • Bowl of Oatmeal Crisp (with almonds)

Lunch:
  • A chocolate chip cookie....*sigh*
  • Carrot sticks
  • Pasta salad
  • Ham
  • 1/2 a roll
  • A few Cheetos (another weakness)

Dinner:

Snacks:
  • Pistachios
  • Mini Delights
  • Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment