Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 1.....er, 5

I'm coming off a high all day from my successful first week. I've been feeling pretty dang good. However, aside from dancing with the kids I nanny a little bit this morning, I haven't done much exercising yet. I got a little distracted with the blog. That, and the kids' music teacher gave me a new song to learn on the piano (No, I don't play the piano, but I've been learning a few songs lately and she found one she thought I would like....she's right. I love it!).  All day I've been planning on doing Wii Fit or something tonight. I'm sure I still will, cause I can't stand the thought of not getting more exercise in today. However, my niece, Ali, is flying in from Washington for the weekend. That could be a little distracting. I'll have to challenge her on the Wii or something.


As far as a food log, don't expect anything too detailed. I don't measure. I don't count calories. I hate that. The only reason I'm even logging it is so I'll have something to report on here every day. So....here goes.

Breakfast
  • One egg - cooked over-easy
  • One piece of toast, I even buttered it
  • One cup skim milk
Lunch
  • Instant brown rice and black beans
Dinner
  • Red potatoes, cubed, fried in a little bit of olive oil, seasoned with salt, garlic, and Lawry's Seasoning
  • Chicken, cubed, marinated in Italian dressing, fried in a little olive oil
  • Corn - with a little butter, salt and Parmesan cheese
Various snacks throughout the day
  • dehydrated apples (I dehydrated them and some bananas yesterday)
  • Special K cereal bar
  • pistachios
  • Mini Delights 
Just a little note: I love flavor, including salt. I know you're not supposed to eat lots of salt when you're dieting, but a couple years ago I had some blood tests done and was told I was low on sodium, so I'm running with that! Hehe! And butter - who wants dry toast? I'm certainly eating a lot better than I was, but I am not being a fanatic about it. I will not sacrifice flavor for a few less calories. It just isn't gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment