Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finally

My internet connection at home is "iffy" at best. When I got home it decided it was an off night. Thankfully sometime during my little workout, it decided to work itself. So, I can update my blog....even if it is technically tomorrow. :)

I was thinking about my workouts and decided I should do some work on my upper body, since lately I've been doing a lot of step stuff (by the way, I'm really hoping that firms up my behind. I have one of those flat, not really there bums, and I'd really like a bum!). So, when I got off work (I get off early on Wednesdays) I decided to go in search of a couple workout items, specifically weights and an exercise ball.

In my mind I was thinking that 5-pound weights would be good. When I got to the store, I picked up the one that had a "5" on it, but thought for sure that was wrong....it had to be more like a 10, or maybe the "1" was missing and it was actually 15. Okay, I'm not really that wimpy. However, I did decide that a 3-pound weight would do just fine for now. I talked to Kathi to see if she had any weights already, and sure enough, she does - they are 2-pounders. That'll do, pig! I figure I can start with those and buy others as needed.

As for an exercise ball, well.....that whole "personal trainer" thing never did work out the way I was hoping (oh, yeah, that reminds me -- I forgot to cancel my appointment with her this morning. Whoops!), so I'm not really sure how to use one. However, as I looked at them, several of them came with a little instruction DVD, so I decided to get one. I picked the one on sale! I inflated it tonight, but I have yet to try it out. We'll see how it goes.

So, I had the afternoon off, right? Well, instead of doing a workout or something, I decided to run some errands, with plans to work out later, particularly with the weights and/or exercise ball. I had to work again tonight (as Kathi had to teach a parenting class) (have I mentioned that I nanny for her?), so I was gonna do all this after the kids went to bed. Unfortunately, I had missed last night's episode of Biggest Loser, so I happened to watch that instead (holy drama this week!). I could have done my step stuff during it, but I was set on doing some upper body work tonight, so I didn't do either while watching it. Silly, isn't it.

Although I didn't get home until almost 11:00, I decided I could try these weights out anyway. I had to do some laundry and wash some clothes I need to wear tomorrow. Therefore, I did some arm toning stuff with the weights while my clothes washed. It's done now, so I can put them in the dryer and go to bed. I'm glad I was able to get something in (and may I just say, I am glad I didn't go with the 5-pounders!).

Breakfast:
  • Orange
  • Yogurt

Lunch:
  • Flatbread thingy

Dinner:
  • Hamburger
  • Apple

Snacks:
  • Fiber/Protein bar (I'm not sure which....I'm leaning more towards fiber)
  • Mini Delights
  • Tootsie Roll jaw breakers

No comments:

Post a Comment