Saturday, February 6, 2010

Travel day

Traveling is never good. I mean, really, how can it be? I tried to make somewhat good choices, at least. I made me a good sandwich for lunch; I tried to get some healthy snacks and I did my best with what I had to chose from for dinner. It's just never good, though.

I went to Boise for the day to visit with my brother, his wife and kids. Actually, I was there more to be with the kids than with the adults. Since the weather and temperature were much more conducive to being outside than it is here in Idaho Falls, and since I'm starting to feel the cabin fever, the kids and I took a walk to the playground and played. I even went down the slide a couple times. It's a good thing I've lost 1.75 inches in my hips, otherwise I'm sure I would never have been able to make it to the bottom (hehe). I did my best to get the kids involved in a game of tag, just so I could get some exercise in. They didn't last too long. I guess the toys were too enticing. That's alright, though, running is probably my least favorite form of exercise, so I wasn't too sad about stopping. I did have everyone run across the field back to the fence before we walked back to their house. Sure, I'll call it good (at least I put forth some effort).

Breakfast:
  • Yogurt
  • Special K cereal bar

Lunch:
  • Roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, provolone cheese, avocado, and my new Vegenaise (not too bad)
  • Cheetos (I know, not the best choice, but I really wanted some!)

Dinner:
  • Grilled chicken sandwich from Wendys (only half the bun and a little mayo....it came with lettuce and tomato)

Snacks:
  • Special K cereal bar
  • Mini Delights
  • Honey Nut Cheerios snack mix (snuck a little of my nephew's)
  • Protein bar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got enough calories today. I'm glad I'm not weighing in tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment