Monday, February 8, 2010

Bubbles

Okay, so the title has nothing to do with this blog entry. I just couldn't think of anything else to put for the title.

I just got done with a good workout with Bob. I like my custom one. Eventually I may make a custom workout with more challenging exercises, but right now, I like the easier ones...and I do them a lot faster than he does, just because I feel I'm getting a better workout. My hesitation with going with more challenging stuff is the possibility that I might not be able to breathe. For some reason, I find that very valuable.

That reminds me of taking swimming lessons. I don't know if it's because of all the extra fat I carry around (let's just call it like it is, shall we?), but for some reason, I have never been able to sink in the water, even when I try. For this reason, I have never been afraid of drowning. All I have to do is be still and I bob right to the top (it's true....I can be completely vertical, not moving a muscle, and I just bob with my head out of the water). I never learned how to swim as a child. I would just pretty much bob and move my arms and legs and I could get where I needed to be.

When I went back to college a few years ago, I decided to take a swimming class. That was the first time I ever had a fear of dying in the water....I just couldn't breathe! It was crazy. Eventually, though, I got some breath control and got a little more used to moving my body (I had just quit my job as a secretary....a job not very conducive to "moving") and got over the fear of dying. I absolutely love swimming now! I always loved the water, but I really, really enjoy the actual swimming, and wish I could do it more. It seems even if I get a chance to go to a pool, I don't get to do much "swimming". I'm usually with my nieces and nephew or something. It's hard to "swim" when you're keeping the kids safe.

Anyway.....why am I talking about swimming, anyway? Oh yeah, breathing. I like it.

Breakfast:
  • Yogurt
  • Protein bar

Lunch:
  • Black beans and rice and cheese burrito

Dinner:
  • Chicken pieces, marinated in Sundried Tomato Dressing and cooked in a frying pan
  • Fried red potatoes
  • 1/2 piece of fresh corn on the cob

Snacks:
  • Mini Delights
  • Pistachios
  • A few chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment