Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Aaaannnnd.....here we go again

Man. This motivation stuff is tough! And it doesn't help that I'm so lazy! What does help is that I have a friend who recently made it to day 50 of her goal of walking 30 minutes a day for 100 pounds. And, she's lost 50 pounds from it. Good heavens, Kristi! If I've been at this for, what 6 months, and have only 30 some odd pounds to show for it....well, that's pretty pathetic. Get off your lazy, lazy bum and do something. Whatever it takes to be motivated, do it!

Desperate times call for desperate measures! I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and make me a month-long commitment at least! It's the 12th of July. Wait....the date just changed cause it's midnight. Okay....it's the 13th of July. I can set some short-term goals to get me shrinking again. Y'all know what my consequence (your reward) will be if I fall short of my goals ($10 each). Of course, y'all also know there will be a few exceptions. SO.....here are my new goals:

Goals:
  1. Bed by midnight on "school" nights
  2. No eating after 8:00 on "school" nights
  3. Exercise Monday-Friday at least 30 minutes
  4. Eat at least one fruit/vegetable for each meal of the day (or at least 3 times a day....if I happen to forget for a meal, I can make up for it with a snack)
  5. Blog daily.....of course

Exceptions:
  1. Weekends are really tough....during the summer especially. I am going to go easy on myself on the weekends. No, I won't go crazy, but I won't stress too much either. If I miss blogging on Saturday or Sunday, well, that won't count against me. Besides, it'll just mean there's nothing too exciting to report and y'all will probably be bored anyway. 
  2. I have a family reunion coming up at the end of the month.....so, I'm certainly not going to focus on any of this stuff.....so, these goals are in effect from now (excluding "bed by midnight," obviously) through July 27. 
  3. I reserve the right to add any exceptions I may have not thought about before they arise (within reason) :)

 Wow....I'm really pulling out all the stops with 5 goals and only 3 exceptions. Hehehe


Breakfast:
  • Protein bar
  • Baked oatmeal with peaches

Lunch:
  • Green salad with cheese, crackers and black beans (amazingly yummy)
  • Apple slices

Dinner:
  • Salmon
  • Fried rice

Snacks:
  • Some fudge
  • Watermelon

Exercise:
  • Elliptical at Kathi's - 30 minutes
  • Crunches, reverse crunches and side exercise stuff with a stretchy exercise thingy - 10(?) minutes

P.S. Have you heard about/checked out my new blog on my bird watching experiences? myfinefeatheredfriends.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment