Wednesday, April 14, 2010

If it's not one thing, it's another

Well, we can tell by the time of this post, that I've still got to work on that whole "getting to bed at a decent hour" thing. This time, my excuse is I'm listening to a book....The Hound of Baskervilles (a Sherlock Holmes Mystery). I have a weakness for not being able to put a book down (or pushing pause) when reading it at night. Thankfully there are only about 2 hours left, so it shouldn't be so bad tomorrow (no, I'm not going to listen to any more tonight). Well, at least that won't be my excuse for not going to bed tomorrow night.

The brilliant thing was, I exercised during the kids' nap time today (while listening to my book), so I didn't have to worry about getting that in tonight. Instead, I went grocery shopping....lots and lots of grocery shopping. I'm trying several new recipes over the next couple weeks and I got all the food for it all. I'm very excited about it. So excited, in fact, that I was tempted to cook all the recipes tonight just to sample them all. Like the title of this entry says, if it's not one thing (reading/listening to a book) it's another (staying up forever cooking 2 weeks worth of dinners).

So, I have acquired a new fan of my humble little blog...welcome, Michelle. :) She gave me some suggestions in a personal email, and I appreciate them greatly. Any time someone has advice/suggestions, it is very welcome. One thing she was wondering about, however, was my water intake. Let me just state for the record (for anyone who may not know)....I only drink water (except for those occasions, like breakfast, when I have milk), and if I do not have water, I cannot eat (for example, if I run out of water in my glass at a restaurant....I stop eating).  I have to have water with my meals. So, rest assured, I am drinking water....lots of water. Although, her question was a good reminder to me to consciously ensure I'm getting enough (I think I'm gonna be up in the night a couple times tonight...hehe).

Breakfast:
  • Oatmeal Crisp (with Almonds) cereal

Lunch:
  • The last of the nachos

Dinner:
  • Black beans, rice and cheese burrito on a spinach and herbs (or something like that) wrap....kind of like a green tortilla. 

Snacks:
  • Protein bars
  • Pumpkin bread

No comments:

Post a Comment