Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I like!

I just have to say....it was a beautiful day today!! Unfortunately, I had lots to work on, on the computer and didn't take advantage of the sun. I'm going to have to make a point of that tomorrow.

That's not what "I like" though...although I do like that.....um....yeah. Anyway, what I was referring to is sweating. As I've mentioned before, I am extremely lazy and I used to avoid exercise at all costs. Of course, with my new focus I force myself to do it. For the most part, I have waited until I get home in the evening to do my exercising, but I tried something different yesterday and today. I took my exercise clothes to Kathi's house and exercised during nap time (yesterday) and the late afternoon (when I was off the clock and before dinner) (today). I used her Eliptical (okay, that's what I call it, but it's not really that....it's something else. I was taking note of it while exercising today, but, of course cannot recall that information now). Pretty much what persuaded me to do so was the fact that I wanted to listen to an audio book that I have, but didn't want to just sit around to do it. So, I took advantage of that time to both "read" and exercise. I really liked it when evening came and I knew I didn't "have" to exercise. I could just relax at home. It was really nice.

On a side note, due to my lazy tendencies, I have decided to purchase another set of workout clothes so I don't have to transport my one set back and forth from Kathi's house. That would require too much effort. 

Wow. I still haven't gotten to what my subject is referring to. Anyway! Working out on that really makes me sweat. That's what "I like." Mind you, I don't necessarily like sweating. Nor do I like to be hot (Kathi will attest to the fact that I try to make my exercise environment as cool as possible...even if that means messing up the heating system). However, there is something strangely satisfying in working out enough to make oneself sweat. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Breakfast:
  • Kashi cereal - Strawberry Fields (are you familiar with Kashi? I just discovered the company. When I went shopping last night I found that they make a few organic cereals. Since I'm starting to get into things like that, I was very happy to make this discovery)

Lunch:
  • Hamburger (not the kind I'd like to have, but I also don't want the food to go to waste)

Dinner:
  • Black beans and rice burrito (like last night)

Snacks:

2 comments:

  1. Kashi has a cereal (Crunch I believe) that works great for a granola trail mix with some semi sweet chocolate chips (just a few) and some dried cranraisns or dried strawberries (Winco) and almonds. Yumm. 1/4 cup serving after you get it mixed up. Great for a snack.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you are saying. I just feel like I am the queen of the world when I exercise enough to break out in a good sweat. I used to hate it but now I love it! I am also completely with you on exercising in the cool! I turn the heat off at night to make sure it isn't too warm in the morning when I get up to run on the treadmill. Curtis harasses me about freezing the kids for my comfort. I reply, "And - your point is?" I also have to have something to do to take my mind off the fact that I am exercising. I usually record the TV shows I like but never get to watch and watch them while I exercise. This morning I enjoyed my 40 minutes with Castle and Beckett!

    ReplyDelete